Welcome

I'm so glad you decided to join me on my blog. I'll offer product tips, techniques and information. You'll also see the more personal side of our business. I hope you'll enjoy following us on this new journey. Carol

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Frozen Dresses Part 1

My three year old granddaughter loves the movie Frozen and just about everything Frozen like so many other little girls. I saw this pattern at Jo-Ann Fabrics about a month ago. 


I sent a picture to my daughter and asked her if Tristyn would like one of these dresses. She told me that she'd love it. When I asked which one she'd like she said I don't know because she loves both characters the same. Some days she wears her hair like Queen Elsa and other days it is Princess Anna. So I guess I need to make both.

I bought the fabric a couple weeks ago for both dresses. I wanted to measure Tristyn before cutting into the fabric. I started playing with the pattern pieces. I divided them up so the Anna ones were in one bag with that fabric and the Elsa fabrics and pieces were all together. I started working on the applique pieces for the Elsa dress thinking Tristyn would pick that one first.

They came over on Saturday night and I showed Tristyn the pattern and the fabrics. I told her I needed to measure her so I could make them. Then she had to measure me too. Very cute the way she did it. Then she announced that she wanted the Anna dress, preferably right that moment.

As I've had time for the last couple days I've been cutting out the pieces for Anna's Dress and Cape. Today is the day I start working on them. I'm trying to decide if I want to start with the cape or the dress. I'm sure the cape will be easiest. I guess I'll decide once I get in  my studio and take a closer look at things.

Stay tuned to watch my progress. Wish me luck.

Carol

1 comment:

  1. Oh I read part 2 first so part 1 answers my pattern question, thank you.

    ReplyDelete