Welcome

I'm so glad you decided to join me on my blog. I'll offer product tips, techniques and information. You'll also see the more personal side of our business. I hope you'll enjoy following us on this new journey. Carol

Friday, December 7, 2012

Celebrate The Seasons Banner

I just finished putting together my version of the Celebrate the Seasons pattern. Now that I'm feeling more confident with my stitching, it is time to branch out and apply my same philosophy to my Redwork projects as I do to my quilting projects. My mom taught me many years ago when I first started quilting that it is my quilt and I can use any fabric I want and make it any way I want. It doesn't have to look just like the picture. Once in awhile I do something similar to the pattern but more often than not, I put my own spin on things.

Here's an example of what I'm talking about. Here is the pattern for a quilt I was asked to make a sample of to test the pattern and then to sell at shows.

The Pattern


Here's a picture of my finished quilt:

My Confetti Quilt
I've been making minor changes to some of the Bird Brain Designs patterns but for the most part, except for fabric choices, I've made them like the pattern. Celebrate the Seasons is the first one I've done where I've really changed it up to make it mine.

So just like I have shown above, here is the picture from the pattern for the project.

Celebrate the Seasons
And here is my version that I just finished this morning.

My Version of Celebrate the Seasons
It is going to make its show debut at the Tucson Quilt Fiesta! in January. I have been working hard to get UFOs finished during my break. I hope to have several new things in our booth by then.

Happy Quilting and Stitching,

Carol








3 comments:

  1. I love your versions! How do you like hand stitching? Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. It's just like applique and hand quilting, very therapeutic. Only with this there is virtually no prep involved. It is perfect for my life right now.
    Congratulations on the new grand baby! I'm so happy for Tory. From the pictures I've seen on Facebook she looks great and seems happy. She has had a rough time and deserves every happiness that comes her way.
    Miss you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the first quilt on the blog entry! The black background makes is so very stunning.

    ReplyDelete