Welcome

I'm so glad you decided to join me on my blog. I'll offer product tips, techniques and information. You'll also see the more personal side of our business. I hope you'll enjoy following us on this new journey. Carol

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Perle Cotton Bubbles

Looking for a great way to control your balls of perle cotton? Our "Bubbles" really come in handy. Since I lead a "grab and go" lifestyle I usually just put everything I'm working on it a tote bag and carry it everywhere to work on whenever I have free time. The first time I did this, I went to grab a ball of perle cotton and it had  unrolled and gotten tangled up. After that experience I make sure that all of my thread is contained in one of our Perle Cotton Bubbles.


I wish I could take credit for this idea but it came from the creative, always inspired Robin and Tina Kinglsey from Bird Brain Designs. But I totally embrace the idea. It keeps everything nice and neat. Here's what's involved in getting these ready for you. 

We order them in a box of 2000. The bottoms come in one box.



Here's what 2000 "Bubbles" look like.


This is 2000 Lids


Now all they need is the little hole. This is where ours differ from those you buy from Bird Brain Designs. If you notice in the picture above, there is a hole in the end of the Bubble. This requires drilling a hole in the bottom. We tried this but I found that there was a little burr from the drill bit which I thought could be a problem when pulling the thread through the hole. We tried smoothing it out but I just wasn't happy with it. So we put the hole on the side of ours. 

This means that my husband, Alan punches a hole with a hole punch in the side of every one of those Bubbles. He does it from the inside so there is nothing rough near the thread. It is a very smooth hole. Talk about a time consuming and tedious task. Not to mention that if he does too many at a time he gets a blister in the palm of his hand. 




I have tried every hole punch I can find to try to make it easier but the one that works best is the good old fashioned cheap metal one. The more ergonomic ones break after just a couple punches.

The Official "Bubble" Hole Punch
Our 13 month old granddaughter Tristyn likes to "help." She likes to play in the box or grab them and give them to Grandpa to punch the holes. She gets a little frustrated with him when he can't punch holes as fast as she gives them to him.

Our Granddaughter Tristyn - 13 Months Old

They are available individually or in our Perle Cotton Bubble Pack of 12.He also counts out the bubbles and lids and packs them up in bags. This way when you want 12 they are already packaged up for you.



So next time you're stitching and pulling the thread through your Perle Cotton Bubble you know what went into getting that ready for you.

Happy Stitching,
Carol





No comments:

Post a Comment