Welcome

I'm so glad you decided to join me on my blog. I'll offer product tips, techniques and information. You'll also see the more personal side of our business. I hope you'll enjoy following us on this new journey. Carol

Saturday, June 1, 2013

The Best of the Valley Doll Exhibit

I thought I'd do something a little different for this post. The Best of the Valley Quilt Show in Lindsay, CA had the biggest doll exhibit I've ever seen at a quilt show. They had a huge variety. There was everything from elaborately dressed women, to stuffed animals and mythological creatures.

I would like to share some of them with you. I know that the pictures extend a little past the usual display area but they really need to be big so you can see the detail.


"Where the Wild Things Are" is one of my favorite children's books. I love the display with the book and the little boy from the story. The collection of pincushions is very cute too.


My favorites in this photo are the the Japanese dolls with the fan behind them. Each one is holding a fan in front of her face. I also love the texture and detail in the doll that is bent into a circle. I love the tree bark texture and the unusual shape.


Aren't these bats fun? They make me smile. They are so goofy looking.


The detail on the brown and teal doll in the center is amazing. She is just gorgeous. On the opposite extreme you have the cute crabs and lobsters in the foreground.


Look at the whimsical creature on the bike. The spokes are tiny beads. This doll was made by Susan Bellamy. She was the featured doll maker at the show. I plan to do a blog post in the near future on her exhibit. You won't believe the rest of her work.

I wish I could have taken detailed photos of every single doll on display. The workmanship of all of these pieces was exemplary. It was a very inspiring display.

Carol



No comments:

Post a Comment