Welcome

I'm so glad you decided to join me on my blog. I'll offer product tips, techniques and information. You'll also see the more personal side of our business. I hope you'll enjoy following us on this new journey. Carol

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Getting Fabric Ready

We are so fortunate to carry Rainbow Fabrics hand dyed fabric. We carry all of their three yard Rainbow Packs as well has hard to find skin tones and gorgeous individual fat quarters. However, I choose to display most of them differently than her other shops. So there is folding and bundling and labeling to do before we put them out at a show.

I received my order for the upcoming Tucson and Phoenix shows about a week ago and have been playing in 250 yards of hand dyed fabric since then. Here are some before and after examples.
This is 150 individual fat quarters. They actually come rolled up. So I unroll each one. Open them up and refold them so we can display them in shallow boxes.


These are the same 150 fat quarters (minus a couple that were just too gorgeous and they jumped into my personal stash) all folded and banded. Now those are ready to go.

Diana ( the gal who dyes the fabric) sends me each color way of the Rainbow Packs in piles of pressed fat quarters. I then go through and compile them into their sets of 12. Those are then rolled into the packs that you see on our website and in our booth at shows.

These pictures are of 10 sets of Tropical Rainbow, which happens to be one of my favorites.

This is what they look like straight out of the box.

Now they are in groups of 12 and are ready to be rolled and banded.

Here are 10 bundles of Tropical Rainbow fat quarters all rolled up and ready to set out at the show next week.
Now you have an idea of another part of what's involved in the before part of doing shows.

2 comments: