Welcome

I'm so glad you decided to join me on my blog. I'll offer product tips, techniques and information. You'll also see the more personal side of our business. I hope you'll enjoy following us on this new journey. Carol

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Vendor Friends

We meet lots of people in our travels, both customers and fellow vendors, who become friends. Our friends Bruce and Diane Magdison own Sew Batik. I love their fabrics and use them in some of my samples. Here's one example of a table runner I made with one of their Tiki Rolls.

Bruce loves our little dog Rex who travels with us. His face lights up every time Rex comes to visit him at a show. When we were in Tucson a couple weeks ago we had a great idea. We'd make Rex the official Sew Batik Mascot. My husband asked Bruce for a piece of fabric for a secret project. Between that show and the one in Phoenix the following week, I traced their logo onto the fabric and embroidered "Sew Batik Mascot" onto a triangle of their fabric. It was a great way for me to practice my satin stitch.


I tied the doggie scarf around Rex's neck and my husband and I took Rex to see Bruce. He was so excited to see him and was even more excited when he saw his official mascot uniform. You can tell these two love each other!


No comments:

Post a Comment