Welcome

I'm so glad you decided to join me on my blog. I'll offer product tips, techniques and information. You'll also see the more personal side of our business. I hope you'll enjoy following us on this new journey. Carol

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Hand Embroidery? Who'd Have Thought?

If anyone had told me a year ago that I'd be doing hand embroidery again (and enjoying it), I'd have laughed and said no way. My idea of embroidery used to be watching my sewing machine stitch it out and change thread when necessary. It always comes out perfectly and goes so fast.

When we decided to expand our product line to include Bird Brain Designs RedWork patterns and accessories for them, I knew I'd better try my hand at RedWork. I used to do needlepoint, cross stitch and embroidery but hadn't done any of that in 20+ years. Thanks to the patience and guidance of Robin Kinglsey from Bird Brain Designs, I started my first ever RedWork piece in October. While there is plenty of room for improvement, I have stitched three projects since then. I started another one last night. I try to spend 30 minutes to an hour working on something every night while watching TV. I find that I look forward to that time every night and really miss it when I can't fit it in for one reason or another. Who would have thought?

Here is a picture of what I've been doing. I still have to do borders and cut the angels apart so I can add their wings but the "hard" part is done.



I never thought that I'd go back to stitching and it would be fun. There is a lot to be said for putting a needle and thread to fabric. Whether it is hand quilting, hand applique or embroidery, it is very therapeutic.

No comments:

Post a Comment