Welcome

I'm so glad you decided to join me on my blog. I'll offer product tips, techniques and information. You'll also see the more personal side of our business. I hope you'll enjoy following us on this new journey. Carol

Thursday, April 25, 2013

My 30 Minute Vacation

We are in the San Luis Obispo area for the Seven Sisters Quilt Show this weekend. We always try to come into the area the day before set up. We got here pretty early this afternoon so the travel trailer was hooked up by a reasonable time.

We are actually staying in Avila Beach. This is the fifth year that we have stayed in this same place. I have seen signs for the beach but have never gone. Today I really needed some calm and quiet time so I decided to go check it out.

I got in the truck and headed to the beach. I found Shell Beach in our navigation system. It sounded interesting so I headed there first. But when I got there it looked like the access was in a spot where I might get trapped in our big pick up so I drove back to Avila Beach and just followed the signs. I ended up in a cute little area by the pier with some shops and restaurants. There's a place right on the beach front called Avila Lighthouse Suites where I'd love to stay someday.

Avila Beach Pier
In the opposite direction from the pier was a beautiful rocky cliff that jutted out into the ocean. I wish it hadn't been low tide because I'm sure watching the large waves crash against it would have been amazing. But it was still beautiful this afternoon. Most of the time I just sat on the sand looking in that direction.


Doesn't that look like a peaceful place to be? I love the sound of the waves as they break. That kind of roaring sound is much more prominent when the tide is higher but nonetheless it was so calming to just sit and do nothing for about 30 minutes. I didn't think about work, other than the fact that I thought it would be a good blog post. But once I took the pictures I just sat there and stared out at the ocean and listened to the waves.


Whenever I go to the beach I search for interesting shells. Today I found a couple as well as some interesting rocks. One of them is really smooth and has a slight indentation on one side. As I was sitting on the beach touching it, I thought that it would make a good "worry stone." It's a little big to keep in my pocket but it has the perfect place to rub in stressful times. 

My Beach Treasures

It is so easy to get caught up in everything that goes with running a business. A good friend of mine reminded me many times that it is important to "Stop and smell the roses." I took that advice today only I stopped and smelled the ocean breeze.

Wishing you a few moments for a mini vacation like mine.

Carol




2 comments:

  1. You deserved this. I share your love of seeing/hearing waves crash into big rocks, but the calmness is also peaceful. Try to do this again and often...carve a niche for Carol. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't even think about doing tai chi on the beach until I saw your reply Jolene. I have a frozen shoulder so it would have looked pretty strange and may not have been the most comfortable experience. But the idea is in my mind for another time.

    ReplyDelete