Welcome

I'm so glad you decided to join me on my blog. I'll offer product tips, techniques and information. You'll also see the more personal side of our business. I hope you'll enjoy following us on this new journey. Carol

Monday, April 8, 2013

Quilt Show Themes

Many of the shows we do, especially quilt guilds have a theme. It is always interesting to see how that theme translates into the show. I recently did a post about the Hi-Desert Quilt Guild's China Lake Tribute at their show last month.

The following week we were at the Glendale Quilt Show. I have to say that they win my prize for the best way of presenting their theme. The theme for this year's show was "Any Holiday on Quilts." As soon as you walked in the door, you knew that.

This was the doorway on the right side as you walked in the building

Someone spent a lot of time on the Welcome Sign. Various holidays are depicted in each letter.


When you looked to the left as you walked through the door this is what you saw.


Again the sign that says "Holidaze" incorporates the theme.


I walked past the entrance several times a day for various reasons. Every time I saw one more little detail. When I saw what I call the "Halloween Hunks Quilt" I couldn't resist taking a picture to share it with you. 


Isn't this a fun quilt? I love Halloween prints with bright colors and this definitely uses a lot of them.

The guild is moving their show to a new venue in Pasadena next year. Since Pasadena is the home of the Rose Parade the theme for next year's show revolves around roses. It will be interesting to see what they do with that.

Happy Quilting,
Carol

1 comment:

  1. The banner was pretty clever. Loved the Halloween quilt. All looks festive.

    ReplyDelete