Welcome

I'm so glad you decided to join me on my blog. I'll offer product tips, techniques and information. You'll also see the more personal side of our business. I hope you'll enjoy following us on this new journey. Carol

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Aquatic Park in Paradise, CA

Our last show was in Paradise, CA. As usual we got to the venue early for set up. We couldn't get into the building for a couple hours so we went to the park behind the school. It was a beautiful tree filled park, but it was so hot we couldn't really enjoy it.

On Sunday morning, we got there about an hour before the show opened. I decided that since I had some free time, I'd go down to the park for a few minutes. There was a fire about 30 miles away and the area where we were had a great deal of smoke. So I braved the smoky air and took a walk. Some days you just need a little down time and that was one of those days. I'm so glad that I did that.

The park is called Aquatic Park. There  is a large fishing pond with a spray of water in the center of the park.


There is something about the sound of a fountain or waterfall that has a very calming effect on me. I walked around that pond three or four times. As I was walking I discovered new things every time around. This interesting bird, I think it might be some kind of duck, caught my eye. He stayed in that same spot the whole time I was there.


Another nice feature of the park is that all along the path around the pond are Memory Benches. They have plaques on them with names of loved ones. What a wonderful tribute to someone special and for those of us who didn't know the person to know how much they are loved and remembered.

Areas for picnics and barbecues are located throughout the park. There's a rock water feature off to the side. The water from this trickles in a little stream into the main pond.


The park was designed by Northstar Engineering in Chico, CA for the Paradise Recreation and Park District in June of 1991.

I'm so glad I took a few minutes of "Me" time to explore this gorgeous space. What a wonderful way to get centered before a long, busy day.

Peacefully Yours,
Carol





No comments:

Post a Comment