Welcome

I'm so glad you decided to join me on my blog. I'll offer product tips, techniques and information. You'll also see the more personal side of our business. I hope you'll enjoy following us on this new journey. Carol

Friday, August 17, 2012

Santa Trio Part 2

I finished stitching the first block for my variation of Santa Portrait Trio on the way to the show in Paradise, CA. I have the next one in the hoop and about 1/3 of the way stitched. I had a lot of time in the car after the show. Here's my completed block.



I transfer my designs onto fabric using Sulky's Sticky Fabri-Solvy.


This is a paper backed dissolvable stabilizer that can be fed through a printer. I just put it in my paper tray oriented so that the design is going to print onto the stabilizer. I have a 3-in-one printer so I put the pattern on the glass. Be sure to use the "Draft" setting on your printer. Tell it to make a copy. You can also scan a design and print it or just print from a stored design on your computer. The Fabri-Solvy feeds through the paper tray and comes out with the design printed right on there.

Peel the stabilizer away from the paper. It is sticky on the back so all you need to do is finger press it onto your fabric. Put it in a hoop and start stitching.

Here is my next Santa Block ready to hoop and stitch.


You can start stitching in no time. There is no tracing, no light box, no holding your pattern up to a window. Super fast and super easy.

When you're all done stitching, the stabilizer rinses out with warm water. You can either fill the sink with water and agitate it a little bit or just run it under the faucet and gently rub it. The stabilizer dissolves and all you're left with is the stitching.

Of course you can use this product the way you would use any other dissolveable stabilizer. I have used it for machine embroidery as well as thread painting.

Happy Stitching,
Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment