Welcome

I'm so glad you decided to join me on my blog. I'll offer product tips, techniques and information. You'll also see the more personal side of our business. I hope you'll enjoy following us on this new journey. Carol

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Variation on Santa Portrait Trio

When I work on a quilt, I very rarely make it like the picture on the pattern. I like to give things my own spin.   I feel like I'm comfortable enough in my stitching now to do the same thing with an embroidery design. We are doing a show in Phoenix this fall that has a holiday theme. So I've been working on stockings and ornaments. Now I'm working on my version of Santa Portrait Trio. I'm still doing it in red because that is definitely a great Santa color. However instead of making it as one long panel suitable for framing as shown on the pattern, I decided to make three individual blocks. Here's what the pattern looks like.


Once I get all of my blocks stitched out, then I'll figure out how I want to set them. I'm planning to turn it into a wallhanging rather than a picture to frame. It is a way to take one thing. Think outside the box a little bit to turn it into something a little different. Here's my first block in progress.


Check back for progress reports. I started this the block at the International Quilt Festival in Long Beach last weekend. There wasn't a lot of down time to work on it. However, I will have time next week in our travels to Paradise, CA.

2 comments:

  1. I love the idea! Can't wait to see the finished product ! Happy travels:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Katy. The more I work on it the more ideas I have for what I'm going to do with the blocks. It's pretty exciting to have the challenge of creating new and different.

    ReplyDelete