Welcome

I'm so glad you decided to join me on my blog. I'll offer product tips, techniques and information. You'll also see the more personal side of our business. I hope you'll enjoy following us on this new journey. Carol

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Jenny's Stockings

We met Jenny Hope at the Ridge Quilters' Guild Quilt Show in Paradise, CA. She stopped by the booth and told us about the stockings she made, her way. We asked her to bring them so show us. So Sunday morning she brought Show and Tell.

Jenny made these as wedding gifts for her sister's grandson and his wife. She used the Heartfelt Angel pattern for the new bride. She stitched out the designs and then colored them in with crayon.


His and Hers Stockings
The only guideline was that he wanted fur inside. He likes cars so if you look closely you'll see Matchbox Cars down the side of his stocking. A soft furry animal print is the lining and trim on his. What could be softer than a stocking lined with Minkee for his wife's? Jenny added pink pompoms and some crystals to hers too.

Rather than just a solid back on them, Jenny used pieced star blocks. What a great idea!

Stocking Backs
I love that Jenny took these designs, changed them up and made them unique. I'm sure that the lucky recipients will love them for many Christmases to come.

Happy Stitching,
Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment