Welcome

I'm so glad you decided to join me on my blog. I'll offer product tips, techniques and information. You'll also see the more personal side of our business. I hope you'll enjoy following us on this new journey. Carol

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Snowy Travels

We recently did a show in Spokane, WA. We drove from there to Gardnerville, NV. As we were driving though Northern OR we encountered our first snowfall for this Fall/Winter season. We actually had a bit of everything - sun, rain, sleet, hail and snow. I feel like the postman - "Neither rain, nor snow, nor sleet, nor hail shall keep the postmen from their appointed rounds".  It seems like it started a little early. Maybe it is going to be a wet winter. There are definitely a lot of areas that can use it.

We stopped in Lakeview, OR for the night. There was snow on the ground and it was about 28 degrees. When we woke up in the morning, there was about 2" of snow on the ground. Alan had to scrape the windshield and windows. I was in the hotel loading up the luggage cart so I missed that fun.

Sunrise at Goose Lake on the Oregon and California Border

This picture was taken about an hour after we left. It was slow going for a lot of the drive. The road was quite icy and slippery at times.

This is just outside of Alturas, CA. When we left there was far more snow on the hood of the truck.

This area is very rural with lots of farms. We saw barns overflowing with hay. I want to do a series of Barn Quilts. You can see some of the pictures that are the inspiration for that on my Ideas for Future Quilts Board on my Pinterest page. We passed several barns with snow covered roofs which opened up another set of options when I start designing the quilt. Here are a couple of them. There were no cars behind us so I asked Alan to stop so I could get fairly decent pictures.




Now all I have to do is find the time to turn my idea into a quilt or quilts. Someday :)

Carol


No comments:

Post a Comment