Welcome

I'm so glad you decided to join me on my blog. I'll offer product tips, techniques and information. You'll also see the more personal side of our business. I hope you'll enjoy following us on this new journey. Carol

Thursday, October 18, 2012

PIQF Traditional Quilts

There were so many gorgeous quilts at this show. While many shows seem to be leaning toward art-type quilts, there were many traditional quilts on display. The piecing and quilting on some of them was extraordinary. This post features what I consider Traditional quilts.

This one is a Log Cabin quilt. I love how the dark blue blue logs accentuate the blocks. But even more I like the illusion of curves. There is a quilt in the From Marti Michell Log Cabin ABCs Book that has that same illusion.

Here is a beautiful pink floral wreath applique quilt. I really like the colors used in the flowers. The lime green  accents add some sparkle. The quilting compliments the design nicely.


These on point star blocks take something relatively simple and turn them into something so much more. I think the striped fabric used around each block and in that small inner border adds a lot of interest to the quilt. The quilting between the block form quilted sashing  and cornerstones adding another design element.


While the shape of this quilt may make you think art quilt, the piecing of it says traditional.



The center of this quilt reminds me of something you would see looking through a kaleidoscope. I really like the striped border and especially the mitered corners. So many times a border like this is done log cabin style but in this case the mitered border really adds to the quilt.


These stars really caught my eye.


When I looked closer, the quilting in the pastel colored stars made me take a second and third look at the quilt. Again, the quilting really complimented the quilt nicely.

Close Up of Quilting

Here's another eye catching quilt. I love the colors in this one. You have to appreciate all those perfect points.



Talk about precision piecing; this quilt was incredible! You can get an idea of the size because I have the award winning ribbon in the picture.



 At first I thought it was a single fabric for the center and the points. But on closer observation, those are individual, tiny diamonds. The workmanship was absolutely amazing!

Close Up of Piecing and Quilting
These are only a sampling of the quilts on display.Watch for future posts of other quilts from the show.

1 comment: