Welcome

I'm so glad you decided to join me on my blog. I'll offer product tips, techniques and information. You'll also see the more personal side of our business. I hope you'll enjoy following us on this new journey. Carol

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Portland to Tucson Adventure Part 3

Set up for the Tucson Quilt, Craft & Sewing Festival was on Wednesday. We always get to the venue early so Alan can get a prime unloading spot. Then we visit with our friends or I sit in the truck and work. If we're close, like this time, I will often try to get some work done before set up. Since set up wasn't until noon, I decided to stay at the hotel and do the laundry and take care of some things I couldn't do during our three days in the truck.

After he'd been gone for an hour or so Alan called and prepared me for more vehicle related bad news. One of the truck tires had a bubble in it. No one in Tucson had a tire. So he found someone who would get one and it would be ready to put on the following day.

Throughout the day on Wednesday and Thursday, Chris from Bulldog Emergency Repair kept in touch with us. It was going to take a few days so we just decided to stay at the hotel for the weekend, rather than drive all the way to Blythe on Friday or Saturday to just turn around and go back there again on Sunday.

Over the course of the day on Wednesday and Thursday we learned that one of our fellow vendors had their truck stolen a couple weeks before. Fortunately they were doing a class for a guild and all of their product was with them. But still, that isn't good any way you look at it. Another vendor had to leave their vehicle and rent another one because their transmission broke.

We left at about 7:30 on Sunday morning, heading to Southern CA for the Pomona Quilt, Craft & Sewing Festival. We stopped at Zip Travel Center this time.



I got my chocolate chunk cookie. These cookies are made by Prairie City. I like to put it on the dashboard so it gets warm and the chocolate is gooey. It tastes like it just came out of the oven. Yummy!



We got to Blythe and picked up the trailer. Chris from Bulldog Emergency Repair was very thorough and helpful throughout this whole ordeal. We are very grateful for all he did for us!

Bulldog Emergency Repair in Blythe, CA

We arrived at our home in Southern CA at about 3:30 on Sunday afternoon. I am always glad to be home but this time it was such a relief after so many little mishaps. Here we are parked safe and sound.



I always say a little prayer at the beginning and end of every day when we're on the road asking for and giving thanks for a safe journey. While this has been more of an adventure than I'd like, things could have been so much worse. No one was hurt. We weren't in an accident. Nothing caught on fire as a result of all that smoking. This was all just things, and money going out, but those aren't the important things in life. We have been on the road doing shows for 8 years and this is the first really major issue we've ever had. I feel very lucky and blessed to be able to say that. 

The End


No comments:

Post a Comment